MUSIC

Music, , Audio Technology, Music Production, News, Tips, Tutorials & Inspirationals. FOLLOW THE LINKS!

April 29, 2014

Mixing Advice You Don’t Want To Hear

If you’re like me, you’re always looking for new tips and techniques that will help take your mixes to the next level. You want your recordings to sound like the pro’s right? Me too.

The problem is that too often we blindly choose to ignore advice that can really help us and instead turn to anyone and everyone who will tell us what we want to hear, not what we need to hear. I understand, because I'm the exact same way.


How Did You Get That Snare Sound?

Recently on the Simply Recording Podcast I was talking to Joe about a common question I get since my latest EP release: “How did you get that snare sound?” Part of me cringes when they ask because the answer to that question is a big ole let down.

You see the way I got that snare sound wasn't through samples. It wasn't through a cool new plugin. It wasn't even through clever use of EQ and compression. No, the simple truth is we got that snare sound by using a snare that sounded like that. Boring, I know.

Read the rest of this article Here

Source :::::::::: The Recording Revolution

No comments:

Post a Comment